CALL: 877 593 5403

British Nationals Register with LOCATE

Are you a British national and going to be traveling abroad? While American citizens have their own service, British citizens can register with their government service when traveling abroad. British nationals can use the LOCATE service from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office when traveling or living abroad. The LOCATE service makes it easier for the embassy staff to give better assistance in the event of a natural disaster or terrorist emergency.

LOCATE allows you to enter your personal details and also details about where you are going to travel and how long you will be there. If there is a crisis in the country you are visiting the embassy will know you are there and will be able to contact you to make sure you are safe. They will also be able to offer advice. And if family and friends need to get in touch with the traveler the LOCATE service helps find them.

All travelers are encouraged to use the LOCATE system to register their trip, even if they are going away for a short time. The system takes only a few minutes to set up and you don’t need to contact the embassy directly as it is done automatically. Once you have registered for the service you can update your trip details when you need to by logging into your account. Your details will be saved and you input your new trip dates which will automatically be forwarded to the embassy.

The service cuts down on delays and reduces worry in the event of an emergency abroad. Once you have registered your details are protected in accordance with the Data Protection Act and used for the purposes of giving you information when you travel. The LOCATE service is different from signing up to receive travel alerts from the FCO. The service is no substitute for overseas visitor insurance. You do still need to purchase visitor insurance when you travel abroad.

Written by

The author didnt add any Information to his profile yet